This is Sun News in Canada – the “free press” makes no attempt to hide the fact that it is on Israel’s side. Owned by media monopoly Quebecor, its staff even come to public events wearing company t-shirts that promote and support Israel’s massacre in Gaza as “truth.”
Sun News Network (commonly shortened to Sun News) is an English language Category C news and opinion channel that is owned by Quebecor Media through a partnership between two of its subsidiaries, TVA Group (which maintains 51 per cent majority ownership of the company) and Sun Media Corporation (which holds the remaining 49 per cent interest). Sun News is distributed by most major cable and satellite providers across Canada and is currently included in channel tiers subscribed by only 40 per cent of all Canadian households (5.1 million homes with a pay television subscription).
Brian Mulroney, the disgraced 18th prime minister of Canada (September 17, 1984 to June 25, 1993) is a member of the board and vice-chairman of Quebecor Media.
Related reading on this website
The U.S.-controlled media monopoly Postmedia announced on October 9 that it had purchased the Sun Media chain, the English-language publications of the Peladeau media monopoly, Quebecor, for $316 million. The deal gives Postmedia control of the five daily Sun newspapers in Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto and Winnipeg; 27 small-market dailies; 140 weeklies; theLondon Free Press and numerous other media properties. Postmedia already owns, among other properties, the National Post, Calgary Herald, Edmonton Journal, Montreal Gazette, Regina Leader-Post, Ottawa Citizen, Saskatoon Star-Phoenix, Windsor Star, Vancouver Sun and Vancouver Province. The purchase of Sun Media still requires regulatory approval from the federal Competition Bureau.