Syria condemns the aggression of the Turkish regime and reaffirms its determination to face the invasion by all legitimate means

Damascus strongly condemned the aggressive intentions of the Turkish regime and the military mobilization on the Syrian borders. This “is a flagrant violation of international law and of Security Council resolutions that insist on respect for unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Syria,” reports an official source from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates to the Sana agency. She reiterated that Syria is determined to fight Turkish aggression by all legitimate means.

“The aggressive behavior of the Erdogan regime clearly shows Turkey’s expansionist ambitions in the Syrian Arab Republic, which cannot be justified by any pretext,” the source added.

The source said that the Syrian Arab Republic blames some Kurdish organizations for what is happening because of their dependence on the US conspiracy, stating that these organizations have been repeatedly warned during the meetings they had with them, against the dangers of conspiracy and not being an instrument at the service of American politics against their homeland.

The source stressed that Syria, which once again insists on its sovereignty and territorial integrity, renews its determination to face Turkish aggression by all legitimate means and is ready to welcome its lost children if they return seriously to preserve the territorial integrity and the unity of Syria.

The source concluded by saying that Syria recalls that in the event that Erdogan insists on launching his aggression, he will rank among the terrorist networks and armed gangs and will categorically lose the position of guarantor of the operation Astana, therefore a blow to the whole political process.

Syrian Kurds ‘positive’ about dialogue with Damascus

Fighters and veterans from the Kurdish Women's Protection Units (YPJ) and the People's Protection Units (YPG) march in front of the UN headquarters in the northern Kurdish-Syrian city of Qamishli, October 8, 2019. (Photo by AFP)

Fighters and veterans from the Kurdish Women’s Protection Units (YPJ) and the People’s Protection Units (YPG) march in front of the UN headquarters in the northern Kurdish-Syrian city of Qamishli, October 8, 2019 | AFP

Kurdish communities in northern Syria have welcomed an offer of dialogue with the Syrian government made by Russia amid Turkey’s operation against Kurds in the region.

“We view positively Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov’s statements about the matter of dialogue between the self-administration and the Syrian government,” a statement from the Kurds said on Wednesday.

“We look to Russia having a role … as a supporter and guarantor.”

The Kurds believe intra-Syrian dialogue is the best way to resolve the crisis in the Arab country.

Earlier on Wednesday, Russia called for dialogue between the government in Damascus and the Kurdish forces controlling the northern region.

PressTV-Russia calls for dialogue between Syrian govt., Kurds

PressTV-Russia calls for dialogue between Syrian govt., KurdsRussia has called for dialogue between the Syrian government and Kurdish forces controlling northern Syria.

A few hours after the statement was issued, Turkey began its long-threatened operation against the US-backed People’s Protection Units (YPG), a Syrian Kurdish group, which it considers as a terrorist organization and an extension of the PKK, which has been fighting for an autonomous region inside Turkey since 1984.

The YPG’s American patron has left them to face the Turkish forces on their own. The United States had more than 1,000 troops deployed alongside the YPG, which leads the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).

Syrian Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad, however, told the pro-government and Arabic-language al-Watan newspaper in comments published on Tuesday, “We will defend all Syrian territory, and we will not accept any occupation of Syrian land.”

Mekdad underlined that Kurdish militants in Syria were being “played” by Washington.

Press TV

Syria says ready to welcome Kurds back into fold

Al-Manar | October 8, 2019

Damascus voiced readiness on Tuesday to welcome Syria’s Kurds back into the fold after Washington left them to face Turkish military threats alone.

Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad stressed that Damascus “will defend all Syrian territory, and will not accept any occupation of its land,” he told Al-Watan newspaper.

The official said Kurdish groups have been “tossed aside” by Washington, after US President Donald Trump on Monday gave Turkey a green light to press ahead with its planned military operation.

“The nation welcomes all its children and Damascus will solve all problems in Syria in a positive manner, away from violence,” Mekdad said, vowing to take back all Syrian territory.

“We advise those who have gone astray to return to the nation, because the nation is their final destiny,” he added, encouraging Syria’s Kurds to reconcile with the government.

Ankara has threatened an offensive in Syria against Kurdish militias and US forces on Monday pulled back from Turkish border areas, opening the way for an invasion President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said could come at any moment.

Mekdad said that Kurdish militias in Syria were being “played” by Washington.

For background information on this website:

Erdogan, the Trojan horse of terror — Ghassan Kadi

The fallacy of Erdogan-style democracy – Ghassan Kadi

Turkey: The predictable Erdoğan — Ghassan Kadi

The love affair between ISIS and the Turkish JDP (AKP) government: the evidence

Here and Here

Leave a comment

Filed under West Asia (Middle East)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s