Commemorate the Life and Legacy of Ernesto Che Guevara
Sunday, June 14 — 4:00 pm PT/ 5:00 pm MT
6:00 pm CT/ 7:00 pm ET
To register online for Zoom meeting: click here.
Join the event on: Facebook.
Visit www.canadiannetworkoncuba.ca/brigade, or
Che Brigade coordinator at email@example.com or 778-881-6156.
Organized by the Che Guevara Brigade Committee of the Canadian Network on Cuba (CNC).
Revolutionary leader Che Guevara once said, “volunteer work is a school for building consciousness.” These words have inspired Cubans and people around the world, and in this spirit the Che Guevara Brigade is named for him. Since 1993, the Che Guevara Brigade has organized 27 annual brigades from Canada to Cuba, bringing hundreds of brigadistas to Cuba.
Join the webinar to hear speakers from Cuba and Canada, discussing Che Guevara’s ideas and his legacy today! This will also be an opportunity to find out how you can travel to Cuba on the 27th Che Guevara Brigade, November 15-30, 2020.
Featuring speakers from Cuba and former Che Brigade Brigadistas:
– Guivel Orozco Ortega, Deputy Head of Mission and Counsellor, Cuban Embassy in Ottawa, Canada
– David Aldama Pando, Third Secretary, Cuban Embassy in Ottawa, Canada
– Yamil Martínez Marrero, Canada Desk of the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP)
– Janine Solanki, National Coordinator of the Che Guevara Brigade
– Ike Nahem, Organizer with the New York-New Jersey Cuba Sí Coalition and the International Conference for the Normalization of US-Cuba Relations
– Dave Thomas, Chair of the Canadian-Cuban Friendship Association – Niagara, former Che Guevara Brigade Coordinator
– Claudia Peralta, Coordinator of the Canadian-Cuban Friendship Association – Calgary, former Che Brigade Brigadista, Che Brigade Committee member and organizer with the Calixto Garcia Brigade
– Haily Fox, Former Che Brigade Brigadista and pre-medical student at York University in Toronto
– Bronwyn Cragg, Participant in the 2019 Anti-Imperialist Solidarity Conference in Cuba, executive member of the Canadian Network on Cuba, and University of Toronto student.