By DIANA BARAHONA*, Council on Hemispheric Affairs
- Robert Ménard, founder of Reporters Without Borders (RSF), is out to bring down Castro rather than protect journalists.
- Tens of thousands of U.S. taxpayer dollars go to finance an organization that critically misuses its calculated similarity to the name of a highly regarded group, Doctors without Borders (MSF).
- Rather than a bona fide NGO, RSF is an extremist anti-Castro shock brigade.
- Ménard is a propagandist extraordinaire and committed zealot on taxpayer funds.
- Saatchi and Saatchi teams up with Bacardi in an attempt to trash the Cuba tourist industry.
- Vivendi Universal provides hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of in-kind resources to Ménard.
- Concern about journalists is an afterthought.