Jean-Guy Allard was born in Shawinigan, Quebec in 1948 and for almost 30 years worked as a reporter and editor with Le Journal de Montreal and Le Journal de Quebec. After his retirement, he moved to Cuba where he resumed his journalistic work and began what colleague and friend Jacques Lanctot described as “his second life.” Jean-Guy began working as a French language editor with Granma International in 2001. Before long he switched from translating to what became his passion: investigating and writing about the activities of the Miami-based terror network of CIA-backed Cuban counterrevolutionaries and their mission to attack the Cuban revolution and its leadership. With sorrow the Communist Party of Canada (Marxist-Leninist) learned of the death of Jean-Guy Allard, in Havana, Cuba, on August 16, 2016 at the age of 68. CPC(M-L) expresses its sincere condolences to his family, colleagues and friends.
Tag Archives: Jean-Guy Allard
All the revelations about electronic and satellite espionage by the U.S. National Security Agency give the impression of an omnipotent and omniscience superpower, which sees all and knows all, before which humanity is helpless. They also obscure the role carried out by human agents in espionage, covert operations and destabilization of any government trying to take a path independent of Washington as one more element in the U.S. strategy of domination. JEAN-GUY ALLARD* reports on one CIA agent, active in Kyrgyzstan, Moldavia, Cuba and Venezuela, who posed as a humanitarian “cultural” official. Nevertheless, this super agent was recently exposed, outed and expelled by the later country in disgrace and the humiliation of her employer. – TS
Granma (Oct. 11) – KELLY Keiderling Franz, the business attaché recently expelled from the U.S. embassy in Caracas, Venezuela, revealed herself as a CIA agent in the relationship she conducted in Havana with the Cuban double agent Raúl Capote.
Reporters Without Borders unmasked: Its well-financed private arrangement with Otto Reich to destroy Cuba’s economy
By DIANA BARAHONA*, Council on Hemispheric Affairs
- Robert Ménard, founder of Reporters Without Borders (RSF), is out to bring down Castro rather than protect journalists.
- Tens of thousands of U.S. taxpayer dollars go to finance an organization that critically misuses its calculated similarity to the name of a highly regarded group, Doctors without Borders (MSF).
- Rather than a bona fide NGO, RSF is an extremist anti-Castro shock brigade.
- Ménard is a propagandist extraordinaire and committed zealot on taxpayer funds.
- Saatchi and Saatchi teams up with Bacardi in an attempt to trash the Cuba tourist industry.
- Vivendi Universal provides hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of in-kind resources to Ménard.
- Concern about journalists is an afterthought.
The journalist who exposed the crimes of Luis Posada Carriles | JEAN-GUY ALLARD*
HAVANA (January 5) – Like few journalists before him, Gary Webb exposed the CIA’s evil schemes in the drug world and revealed to the US public how the country’s African-American neighbourhoods were inundated with crack as part of drug trafficking designed to supply the Nicaraguan Contras with money and weapons. Continue reading