The Halifax International Security Forum met in Halifax, Nova Scotia from November 17 to 19. The annual conference brought together over 300 participants from more than 80 countries to discuss the theme: Peace? Prosperity? Principle? Securing What Purpose? Continue reading
Tag Archives: Halifax International Security Forum
By TONY SEED
In the context of the offensive of the Trump regime against Iran and for domination of West Asia (Middle East), the CIA released on November 1 a “never-before-seen 19-page document,” as well as a 228-page “journal” ostensibly written by Osama Bin Laden as all U.S. and Canadian media (as directed by the U.S. government) are promoting. Continue reading
In support of the “Removing Cornwallis” activities in Halifax, Nova Scotia – July 15, 2017 from 12:00 to 15:00 hours
By TONY SEED
On November 21, 2009 some 200 people gathered in a rally in Cornwallis Park to oppose the inaugural Halifax International Security Forum (HISF), a warmongering agency based in Washington, DC and funded by the Department of National Defence and Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency. They took the collective decision to rename it Peace and Freedom Park as their very first act, an act carried out in consultation with Mi’kmaq elders such as acclaimed historian Dan Paul.
They covered the statue of Edward Cornwallis with a white sheet. The anti-war rally was organized by an ad hoc committee consisting of activists from different affiliations and background, which became No Harbour for War. Continue reading
By TONY SEED
- A 70 per cent increase in defence spending over the next 10 years;
- A staggering 62 billion dollar increase over the next 20 years;
- An increase in the number of fighter jets to be purchased from 65 (under Harper) to 88;
- An increase in personnel in both the regular and reserve forces;
- The acquisition of armed combat drones, the deadly hallmark of the Obama war doctrine and whose target is the peoples of this country and abroad, suitable of being “capable of conducting surveillance and precision strikes”;
- The creation of 120 new military intelligence positions and 180 new civilian intelligence positions, as well as building a “Canadian Forces Intelligence Command” capacity. It specializes Canada’s armed forces in black ops and cyber-warfare, whose target is likewise the peoples of this country and abroad. It prioritizes “the expansion of CAF Joint Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (JISR) capabilities, while enhancing intelligence collection, analysis and fusion capabilities, and supporting and leveraging the expertise of Canada’s defence and security academic community”; and
- Expansion of the militarization of universities and research; $313 million is allocated for military research for the arms monopolies and $102 million for university and private sector outreach, i.e., recruiting and propaganda. Continue reading
We built this city
We built this city on land we stole
Built this city
Built this city on land we stole Continue reading
Saturday, November 19 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
Halifax Peace and Freedom Park (Cornwallis Park)
The 8th annual Halifax International Security Forum will be convened on November 18-20 as a platform for warmongering and empire building of U.S. imperialism and the NATO bloc, in which the Trudeau Liberal Government is fully embroiled.
Warmongers from more than 50 countries will join Canadian Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan and some 300 others at the Washington, DC based Forum “to learn from each other, share opinions, generate new ideas, and put them into action.”
The first forum in 2009 was dedicated to popularizing NATO’s then-new “security doctrine.” Subsequent forums have provided a stage to justify NATO’s “humanitarian intervention” in Libya and the whole African continent, Syria and Iran. This forum will no doubt further NATO’s dark plans to attack and destroy the Assad government in Syria under the guise of destroying ISIL “Islamic terrorism,” or for NATO schemes to use Ukraine as a battering ram and platform from which to foster major aggression against Russia.
It is unacceptable that Halifax, or any Canadian city, be used as a venue to plan further crimes against the peace and the peoples of the world. Bring your banners, bring your music and statements, and most of all bring your friends to oppose this war conference.
(No Harbour for War)